Do workplaces deny people with lived experience of mental health problems the opportunity to live fulfilled lives?
Work is one of the main areas in Scotland where people with lived experience of mental health problems report sometimes disabling stigma and discrimination. Work also has an important role to play in recovery.
This session explores why this happens, the realities of working with a mental health condition and the simple strategies that can be employed to effectively support people to gain employment, thrive in work and return to work after an absence to a supportive environment.
- Billy Watson (Chief Executive, Scottish Association for Mental Health) (Chair) @BillyWatsoSAMH
- Catherine Eadie (Founder of MHScot Consultancy and Training) @MHScot_Consult
- Chris Oswald (Head of Policy, Equality and Human Rights Commission) @EHRC
- Jane Matheson (District Registrar, Edinburgh City Council) @edinburgh_cc
- Lisa Mulvaney (Employment Support Worker/ Occupational Therapist, The WORKS, NHS Lothian) @NHS_Lothian