How can activism support our rights to participate and be heard?
One of the basic rights that is often ignored is the right to be involved in decisions that affect our lives whether that be individual decisions about treatment for example or wider impacting decisions about long term policy.
This session explores what effective participation looks and feels like, how social movements can contribute to gaining a meaningful voice and how we can best mobilise to generate lasting change.
- Becky Leach (Community Collective Advocacy Development Worker, Advocard) @advocard1
- Chris Young (Walk a Mile) @walkamileuk
- Gerry Hassan (Writer and Researcher) (Chair) @GerryHassan
- Husnara Khan (Voices Of eXperience) @VOXSCOTLAND
- Mark Brown (Writer and Development Director, Social Spider CIC) @markoneinfour
- Podcast with Chris Young at Rights for Life
- Gerry Hassan at Rights for Life
- Mark Brown at Rights for Life
- Gerry Hassan http://www.gerryhassan.com/
- The New Mental Health http://thenewmentalhealth.org/
- Voices Of eXperience http://www.voxscotland.org.uk/
- Advocard www.advocard.org.uk/