The Scottish Recovery Network, See Me and Voices Of eXperience co-hosted this landmark national conference simultaneously online and in Glasgow over two days from 2-3 June 2015.
Rights for Life was solutions-focused, engaging and positive. It was a free event designed to allow people to come together around rights, mental health recovery and non-discrimination.
Over 60 speakers and hundreds of delegates addressed a number of key issues, including:
- Mental health, human rights and recovery
- Stigma and discrimination
- The right to an adequate standard of living, welfare, poverty and labour rights
- Education and employment
- Rights and recovery in health and social care
- The right to participation and freedom of decision-making
- Co-production, peer support and self-management
- Engagement and activism
- Representation in the arts and media